India Preparing Another Attack:Pakistan

0
21

KARACHI: Pakistan has “reliable intelligence” that India will attack again this month, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said on Sunday, as tension over a February standoff between the two countries had appeared to ease. The attack could take place between April 16 and 20, he claimed, adding that Pakistan had told the five permanent members of the UN Security Council of its concerns.

The attack could take place between April 16 and 20, he said, adding that Pakistan had told the five permanent members of the UN Security Council of its concerns.A suicide car bombing by Pakistan-based terrorists in Kashmir killed at least 40 CRPF personnel on February 14 and the risk of conflict rose dramatically on February 27, when India launched an air strike on Jaish-e-Mohammed camps.
The following day Pakistan shot down an Indian fighter jet and captured its pilot who was later released.”We have reliable intelligence that India is planning a new attack on Pakistan. As per our the information this could take place between April 16 and 20,” Qureshi told reporters in his hometown of Multan.

The foreign minister said Pakistan had already briefed the United Nations Security Council’s permanent members over the issue and stated Islamabad’s apprehensions.”We want the international community to take notice of this irresponsible behaviour and reprimand them [India] for taking this route,” he said.He said the Indian action would have impact on peace and stability of the region.The foreign minister also criticised the global community for keeping silent when India violated Pakistan’s territory on February 26.

However, Qureshi’s remarks were not taken seriously by the Opposition. The Pakistan People Party (PPP) accused the government of using war threat by India to hide its failures

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here